Cocopa USB 3.0 External CD Drive, CD/DVD-RW Drive, CD-RW Rewriter Burner Superdrive For High Speed Data Transfer for Laptop Notebook PC Desktop Computer Support Windows/ Vista/7/8.1/10, Mac OSX
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by Cocopa
( stars, based on 377 reviews)
Due to the small size of modern Notebooks, an optical drive is often missing from the components and DVD/CD Playback becomes impossible. With this external drive you can record cd's, watch DVD movies, burn files, install software and create backup discs.
• No external driver and power needed. Just plug it into your USB port and the DVD driver will be detected.
• USB 3.0 CD drive provide faster data transfer speed, up to 5Gbps. It is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
• It features strong error-correcting ability, anti-shock and noise reduction technology.
• Cocopa external CD Drive supports to read CD,VCD,SVCD,CD-R,CD-RW,DVD-R/DVD-RW and write CD-RW,CD+RW,DVD-RW,DVD+RW etc.
• Compatible with windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8.1/10, Linux and all version Mac OS systems, supports any PC, Ultrabook and Netbook.
• Supported formats: DVD-ROM, DVD-video, CD-R/RW, CD-ROM/XA, CD-ROM, CD-EXTRA, CD-TEXT
• Supported media types: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD RAM
• Read Speed: CD-ROM: 24x Max; DVD-ROM: 8x Max; DVD-ROM(DL): 6x Max
• Write speed: 24x CD-R, 8x CD-RW, DVD±R: 8X Max; DVD±R DL: 4X Max; DVD-R±9: 2.4x Max
• Rewrite Speed: DVD+RW: 4X Max; DVD-RW: 4x Max; CD-RW: 10X Max; DVD-RAM: 3x Max
• Memory Cache: 2M
1. Please hook up the device to the direct USB port on your computer. If you connect it to a USB hub or extension cords, it maybe cannot recognize the Driver or not read the CD/DVD.
2. This drive is not fully compatible with computers of windows 10 system due to the compatibility issues between windows 10 itself and the external hardwares. We suggested that you download the 3.0 drive for windows 10, then it will work.
1x USB CD drive(CD not included)
1x user manual
- Color: Black
- Brand: Cocopa
- Dimensions: 1.30" h x 6.30" w x 6.42" l, .80 pounds
- USB 3.0 Interface: It comes with standard USB 3.0 transmission which provide faster data transfer rates. Pure-copper-knitted-net tech leads to smaller resistance, stronger shielding capability, more stable data transmission. It is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
- Easy to Use: It is plug and play, powered by the USB port, no external power and driver required. USB 3.0 DVD dirver is a perfect companion for computers without the internal drive. You can burn files, install software and create a backup CD.
- Fashion Design: Embedded cable design, made with premium wire drawing material, enough fashionable and scratch-proof exterior. This CD/DVD driver is slim, lightweight, compact, portable.
- High speed: Adopted unique intelligent burning technology, this CD-RW combo drive supported DVD+R, DVD-R, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW. Max DVD read speed 8X; Max CD read speed 24X and max CD burn speed 8X.
- Compatible Systems: This DVD drive is ideal for various devices. It support Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8.1/10, Linux, all version Mac OS system. Support Laptop, Notebook, PC, Desktop Computer. For the desktops, please connect the device to the USB port of the motherboard for normal use.
Most helpful customer reviews
52 of 56 people found the following review helpful.
... external dvd drive and burner so I got this fantastic little drive
By Best Mom Ever
I was in need of an external dvd drive and burner so I got this fantastic little drive. The drive is very nice looking and sleek out of the box making it easy to transport due to it’s size. It operates perfectly right out of the box, I just plugged it in and away I went to being able to use it. There are no drivers needed or special technological knowledge you need to use this drive. I have used it on several different laptops and desktops and to the same result of perfection. This is a wonderful external CD/DVD drive! I have a black one and it is attractive, for one thing. The drive is not smooth and slippery, which could cause it to drop out of your hands. It has a textured feel and a soft black color. It is also sturdy and well made, not at all "flimsy".
70 of 77 people found the following review helpful.
This was very easy to use
By Ben Martin
[[VIDEOID:38462834ba434dd67426838965f22cef]] This was very easy to use. Nothing needed to install to get it to work on Mac.
It takes a few seconds to recognize this is connected, and a few more after you put the disk in.
I haven't used a disk drive in years but generally, this seems to me just as fast as any internal disk drive I've used in the past. I was able to quickly see folders, and copying files were no problem at all. It's obviously not as quick as working from your own hard drive, but overall not bad for a cheap DVD drive.
Seems fairly well made. No complaints.
Comes with a fairly short cable but should be easy to swap if needed.
65 of 73 people found the following review helpful.
Fast, reliable, convenient and priced righ
[[VIDEOID:f75e66643b988ee53a0bca9c275cbd12]] If you haven't noticed, the price difference between a laptop with a DVD burner and without; it is in fact a substantial one. The laptop didn't need any special software it worked awesome right of the bat. A true plug and play device. It runs real quiet too. This is the second like item I have ordered over the last week. This one is far better than the last. It uses just one USB cord, and it is attached to the device. This is well constructed. The materials are thick, and durable. I love that this is light weight, and very easy to use on different machines, with different operating systems and all, without needing a million drivers, etc. Fast, reliable, convenient and priced right. what more can I add.. 5 wicked big stars IMHO