ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
( stars, based on 66 reviews)
ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life. Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #97 in Personal Computers
- Size: Laptop
- Brand: Asus
- Model: P2540UA-AB51
- Released on: 2017-03-13
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .90" h x 15.00" w x 10.10" l, 5.20 pounds
- CPU: Core i5 7200U 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Hard Disk: 1000GB
- Graphics: Integrated
- Processors: 2
- Battery type: Lithium Ion
- Display size: 15.6
- Amazon's Choice for a work laptop
- Strong combination of design and business productivity. Incredible battery life with up to 9 hours* to keep you working and productive all day.
- Affordable price with the right amount of small business security and manageability. TPM security and fingerprint reader for additional security to keep files safe. Designed for the working professional with enterprise performance and superior reliability
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5 7200U dual core with 8GB of RAM and 1TB 5400RPM HDD. Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
- 15.6-inch anti-glare FHD panel and upgradable memory door on bottom side for easy access.
- Total 4 USB ports. 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB2.0. 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA port. (Support dual outputs)
- Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
Most helpful customer reviews
151 of 153 people found the following review helpful.
A solid business class laptop with a hidden bonus
By Rick Myers
This is one of the most complete laptops, with a good form factor, that I have had the pleasure of using. Please note that this is *not* a gaming laptop, though some basic games will run fine. It is a well rounded, very competent entry into the business laptop category and should be a consideration, price wise, for those who might be thinking about dropping 2-3 times as much for a surface laptop.
First, the negatives:
1) It is all plastic. When I first saw this online, I thought it was metal top at least, if not entirely metal. Nope, etched plastic made to look like brushed aluminum. F-
2) It has a DVD in it. What?!??! Did we hop in the DeLorean and ride back to 2007? Totally unnecessary today, as external DVDs are cheap and have a better form factor, plus the space could have been used for 1-2 SSD.
3) It ships with 8 gigs of ram, which also is a plus (more on that and check the attached photo).
1) SHIPS WITH NO BLOAT WARE!!!! HALLELUJAH!
2) Windows 10 updates to the Creators Edition as soon as you turn it on.
3) Can drive two external monitors at 1920x1080 with ease.
4) Keyboard is so-so, a decent size keyboard, but lacks good tactile feel. Call this one even.
5) Ships with 8GB ram... IN ONE RAM STICK! YAY!
Updating this thing to 16 gigs is a snap. Just remove to the two screws on the back panel and gently slide the panel towards you. You will happily see an empty DDR4 Ram slot for you to put another one in. It is highly recommended you get another 8 gig ddr4 ram chip right away. You will see some improved performance since Double Data Rate 4 chips want to be installed in pairs. From an article...
"As was already stated, in order to optimize memory performance so that it operates in "dual channel" mode, you need to have matched pairs of memory sticks installed. If you have just one stick of the required pair your memory will operate in the less-than-optimal "single channel" mode."
So, the memory in my Asus is Samsung 8gb PC4-2400T. For optimal memory performance, the chips must have the same timing and latency numbers. I'm going to try to find the specific memory chips and paste a link here... I'm not sure you will get the best performance if you use other chips.
Edit: Found it. I did not find the memory chip on Amazon, but did find it on a certain "egg"y other site, of the "new"ish variety. The chip is SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK MEMORY 8G 1Rx8 PC4-2400T-SA1 (8G DDR4 2400), and you can find it directly by googling "Samsung DDR4 M471A1K43881-CRC. I'd do a direct link to the other online retailer, but I understand that through the Amazon EULA everyone agreed to, if I did that Jeff Bezos would get to punch me in the groin. It's true you have to watch what you are agreeing to with those things.
121 of 127 people found the following review helpful.
Fantastic price for what you're getting
Bought this a few weeks ago. Fantastic price for what you're getting. A 7th Generation 7200u CPU and a 1080P monitor? Great deal!
This Laptop has built in Bluetooth for up to 7 devices at the same time, even though this product description doesn't state it.
1. Very little bloatware (almost none, really) The ASUS utilities do NOT come pre-installed, they come on a DVD. Updated versions of the apps are also easily acquired via the support website.
2. Laptop looks and feels great considering it's a plastic shell and not aluminum. Does not show finger prints, but does show human oil left behind, so have a micro-fiber cloth around sometimes to remove it.
3. Fingerprint ID was easy to set up with "Windows Hello" and works every time. (you can download ASUS app (Business Manager) for securing USB port access and create encrypted portions of the hard drive)
4. Upgraded to Windows 10 Creators edition, took about 2 hours to install. Cortana understood my questions easily and fast via the mic.
5. Power brick is small, and only gets warm to the touch. Basically, as long as you keep the sun off it, will work great regardless of where you put it.
6. 1920x1080 screen works great, Intel 620 HD graphics. Can be used to extend desktop to two external monitors via VGA port at 1080P and 4K 2160P via HDMI. Picture attached. It is a matte screen, so don't expect the high glass look of a tablet, definitely low degree of viewing angle for peak contrast. (ASUS has a display app for this PC called "Splendid" you can install from support that lets you customize in detail the screen color). Along with Intel HD Graphics control, works great, attached picture.
7. ASUS Remote Link App for Android Google Play that lets you control the computer, mouse, media playlists, powerpoints, sleep, restart, logoff. remotely via wi-fi or bluetooth. Forget to shut off your PC as you leave the office? Open App, shutdown remotely.
8. FULL size Keyboard! The keys are full size, with proper gaps between them. People with large fingers won't have any trouble with this layout.
9. Battery life! Even on balanced mode, out of the box getting 10 hours (Screen shot included). probably longer on power save mode. The CPU really does throttle its mhz on the fly as needed, I've seen it go from 900 mhz up to 2.7 ghz, but mostly stay around 1.9 ghz when idle.
1. 1 TB 5,400 RPM hard drive really is super slow, 2010 slow, but that's what you should expect. I knew that when i bought it. I will be upgrading to an SSD once a proper sale comes along.
2. Not a lot of accessories for this P Series. Would have liked the option to buy a hard drive slot for the CD/DVD slot to add a 2nd hard drive. Maybe even a 2nd battery bay drive. If someone knows a recommendation one, please let me know.
3. Why a White ASUS on the lid? Why not black like on the keyboard?
4. The speakers are definitely weak. the speakers are located under the chassis and really only give vocal range frequencies, but only can be used in quiet rooms. However, who doesn't have headphones or bluetooth speakers these days? really not a big deal since this is a business laptop.
I definitely recommend this laptop, especially for people who love to pick a custom SSD drive upgrade later from their favorite vendor.
DVD drive sounds like a small fan on your desk at high speed. If you're watching a DVD without headphones or speakers, I could see it being an issue, but who does that now?
76 of 79 people found the following review helpful.
This is probably the best laptop you can purchase in the $500 range
This is probably the best laptop you can purchase in the $500 range; with a few caveats:
- The 1TB Hard drive is 5400 RPM, on the slower end of HDDs which means that programs booting up are going to be a bit slower. You can easily upgrade to a 7200 RPM HDD (which would be the baseline/standard) or if your willing to pay for a Solid State Drive obviously that would dramatically boost boot time. I purchased a Seagate 500gb 7200RPM for $40, ghost the OS and files and now use the 1TB as an external drive
-Comes with 8gb of RAM but an additional slot is easily accessible on the underside. I immediately popped it open and dropped in a Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 ($60). 16gb of RAM is plenty and can handle anything your planning on running on this machine. (If your looking to drop more than 16gb you should probably be shopping for a beefier machine overall (i7 processor, GTX 1070, etc)
- Intel HD 620 integrated graphics; this model laptop cannot be upgraded with a more robust graphics card however the 620 isn't terrible. Arguably on par with the Nvidia GTX 400/500 series from several years ago, so nothing incredible but certainly usable for older games or non graphics intensive programs. Check out on you tube some benchmark test to see if its acceptable to you.
- very little bloatware: seems trivial, but seriously, it can be exhausting researching pre-installed software and going through the uninstall process. I was immensely pleased that this machine had practically none on it.
- In summary: a well balanced laptop with room for some easy improvements (you'll easily put between $100 - $150 in upgrades into it, but if search for a laptop that has the features I described already installed your easily look at a $300 increase in price.) If you are someone looking to purchase a new gaming laptop or something or editing picture/ video editing, you should probably look elsewhere. But if your looking for a reliable, fast everyday use computer, meant for light gaming, internet surfing, etc. This is the one for you.