Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
( stars, based on 332 reviews)
The K55 RGB keyboard is your first step towards enhanced performance. Stay one step ahead with 6 dedicated on-the-fly programmable macro keys. Multi-key anti-ghosting ensures your simultaneous key press combos are executed the way you wanted. The dedicated volume and media playback buttons enable control of all of your media without interrupting the game. Rgb backlighting and intuitive lighting modes provide expressive lighting options, all under your control. Quiet, responsive keys provide a satisfying feel. The K55 RGB gaming keyboard comes with a detachable soft rubber wrist rest to ensure additional comfort during marathon gaming sessions.
- Color: RGB LED
- Brand: Corsair
- Model: CH-9206015-NA
- Platforms: Windows 8, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium
- Dimensions: 1.40" h x 6.60" w x 18.90" l, 1.80 pounds
- Three-zone dynamic RGB backlighting with 10+ preconfigured vivid RGB lighting modes allow you to choose immersive lighting effects
- 6 programmable macro keys enable powerful actions, key remaps and combos
- Dedicated Volume and multimedia controls for direct Audio control without interrupting your game
- Quiet and responsive keys give a satisfying feel
- Multi-key anti-ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
Most helpful customer reviews
96 of 105 people found the following review helpful.
Best $50 Keyboard - 24 Hour Review
I have only used this keyboard for 24 hours, so the only thing I will not be covering is the longevity of the board. I'm going to be doing this in list form so you won't be reading through paragraphs.
- SIZE - This is a full-size keyboard. You can get the dimensions in the item description but just know before you purchase, this keyboard is long.
- WEIGHT - Very light as it's a fully plastic build. Very little keyboard flex, almost 0 while typing.
- TYPING - This is a membrane keyboard, meaning each key is not individual like a mechanical. There is an obvious difference, don't believe people who claim that it feels like a mechanical keyboard. It doesn't Imagine a slightly mushier MX Brown switch. That all being said, it's a joy to type on, requiring very little effort to press the key. The key travel is not as linear (linear = bad) as other membrane keyboards, there is a definite tactile bump when you press a key.
- RGB - One of the best parts of this keyboard. There are a bunch of pre-set configurations for the 3 sections. That means 1/3 of the keyboard will always be the same color, you do not have individual key colors. You can read all about the modes on Corsair's website, but the ease of use while changing colors is pretty solid. It can be all one color, 2 different colors, 3, or you can have it cycle through the colors in 3 different speeds.
- FEATURE SET - Obviously this is not going to have the same features as something like a K70. What you do get is RGB coloring, very solid membrane keys, volume and playback controls, as well as 6 different macro keys to bind to one, or multiple keys in a row. (Meaning you could bind the first Macro to type out a word)
- BONUS - This can be seen as a pro or a con. There is no external software you need to download to use this keyboard. It has built in memory for your LED modes and macro functions. I would really have liked a software option if only to control the features the board already comes with, but without the slight hassle of changing settings through keystrokes.
Overall absolutely amazing keyboard for $50. If you don't mind losing mechanical switches, there's very little to complain about with this keyboard.
I will respond to any questions I get on this review for the next few months.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Awesome Features for a low price!
By Dillon Gilbert
It truly is a great gaming keyboard at an awesome price! The three zone RGB backlight is great and very smooth. It does have the capability to do rainbow mode by doing the keyboard macro "FN - =". It offers 6 programmable macro keys that are great for saving passwords if you are productivity driven or game macros for those that are slow to type or want especially tricky keystrokes to be all in one button. The cord is not braided but is made of high quality plastic/rubber and has a sturdy usb connector. The keys are not mechanincal, but membrane keys. They are very responsive and have great travel. It is very ergonomically comfortable. The "soft rubber pad" for your wrists is more like a hard plastic but is still very comfortable and supportive. Overall it is a feature packed keyboard for those new to gaming or just want a cool RGB keyboard.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
best membrane RGB keyboard for the price.
By Amazon Customer
Pretty good board for only $50.
Clicky membrane switches offer an experience that is as close to a mechanical keyboard you can get.
RGB lighting is nice and bright
Dedicated media controls
No software needed to control lighting
macro keys for gaming
included detachable wrist wrest
RGB lighting options are barely customizable and lack variety.
rubber cable (not braided)
board sits flatter than I'd like.
Overall this is a good board for the price if you don't absolutely have to have mechanical switches. There are mechanical keyboard options available at this price point, but they lack some key features that this board has, such as dedicated media controls, RGB lighting and macro keys. I'd recommend this board to anyone who doesn't absolutely need mechanical switches.