Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-Inch Tablet (Wi-Fi)(16 GB, Smoky Titanium)
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
( stars, based on 1653 reviews)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350NZAAXAR 8.0 inch 1.5 GHz, 16GB, Android 5.0 Lollipop Tablet, Smoky Titanium. Keep All Your Samsung Devices In Sync. Connecting your Samsung devices is easier than ever. With Samsung Side Sync 3.0 and Quick Connect, you can share content and work effortlessly between your Samsung tablet, smartphone and personal computer. Do Two Things at Once. Make the most out of your tablet time with advanced multitasking tools. Easily open two apps side by side so you can flip through your photos while browsing online. Check social media and your social calendar at the same time. With Multi Window on the Galaxy Tab A, you can do more, faster. Kids Mode gives parents peace of mind while providing a colorful, engaging place for kids to play. Easily manage what your kids access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own documents private. Available for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials, Kids Mode keeps your content-and more importantly, your kids- safe and secure. Your Perfect Office Partner. Personalized Logins For Everyone. Never Put Your Tablet Down. Capture More Real-Time Moments. The Easy Way to Transfer Content to a New Device. Ultra Power Saving Mode. More To Discover. More To Love. Keep It All With You. The Next Big Thing in Music.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #100 in Personal Computers
- Size: 8-Inch
- Color: Smoky Titanium
- Brand: Samsung
- Model: SM-T350NZAAXAR
- Released on: 2015-05-01
- Fabric type: NA
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .30" h x 5.43" w x 8.20" l, .69 pounds
- CPU: Tablet Processor 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 1.5GB Unknown
- Hard Disk: 16GB
- Graphics: Integrated
- Processors: 4
- Native resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
- Display size: 8
- Android 5.0 Lollipop, 8-inch Display
- Samsung Quad Core Processor, 1.2 GHz
- 16 GB Flash Memory, 1.5 GB RAM Memory
- microSD Card Slot (Up to 128GB)
- Supports WIFI only (Does not support 3g, LTE)
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 XGA
Most helpful customer reviews
205 of 219 people found the following review helpful.
A great budget tablet that performs better than what it price suggests
By Farhan K
I own both the models of Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and 8.0 in our household and the Tab A 8.0 is the one I use personally all them time mainly because of its compact size which is great for one handed use and a sharper screen . I purchased the Tab A 8.0 after deliberating considerably whether to go for the Tab A 8.0 or the newer Tab E . In the end I choose the Tab A because if felt much more premium in hands compared to the Tab E. Here's how I feel these both the Tab A 9.7 & 8.0 tablets stack up against each other if you're considering either of the two :
- Both the tablets are made of plastic with a metallic frame that runs around its sides. Despite its plastic construction these tablets do not feel cheap in any way ( The newer Tab E in comparison feels cheaper) with its soft touch matte finish plastic
- The color choices on the tablet is great , having owned both the White & 'Smoky Titanium' colors - you cant go wrong with either of them . The white color is a nice soft metallic white with a slight pearl effect and the 'Smoky Titanium' is more of a metallic gunmetal shade - a good departure of the standard solid whites ,greys or blacks found on most other tablets
FEATURES & PERFORMANCE
- Both the Tab A 8.0 & 9.7 feature the same Qualcomm SnapDragon 410 processor - A mid range quad core 64 Bit 1.2 Ghz processor released in 2014
- Both the 8.0" and 9.7" scored pretty similarly on the AnTuTu synthetic benchmark owing to their similar hardware specifications (see pics)
- Both 9.7" and 8.0" tablets feature screens with 768 X 1024 resolution which gives them a pixel density ( higher values mean sharper images & text) of 160 PPI for the 8.0" model and 132 PPI on the 9.7" model
- The 160 PPI pixel density on the 8.0" is adequate for most uses , including browsing text heavy websites like Wikipedia , without having to zoom in too much. The pixelation is much more noticeable on the 9.7" model
- The screen colors are rich and vibrant with good viewing angles
- The 8.0" tab features a 4200 mAh battery which is good for 1.5 days of heavy use , the only issue here is it charges rather slowly at max of 1A as compared to the max charging current of 2A on the 9." model
- In terms of performance , it can easily handle about 3 simultaneous tabs in the chrome browser after which the limitations & slowdowns due to its 1.5GB RAM become apparent (Both models have 1.5GB RAM)
- The single speaker at the bottom of the 8.0" model is pretty weak and you would usually have to turn up the volume above 75% to hear anything clearly (as opposed to better dual stereo speakers on the 9.7" model)
- The tablet does have an expandable MircoSD card slot which is great
- The 8.0 model has a rich and vibrant screen with good viewing angles and sufficient resolution for everyday use
- Touchscreen sensitivity and fluidity is great with not stuttery UI performance
- The 8.0 screen size is ideal for one handed use , yet offer enough real estate for media consumption like pictures or videos.
- The tablet performance is more than adequate, I had no issues running 1080P movies on the Netflix app , browsing with 3-4 tabs open or playing light games like Temple Run, Subway Surfer etc
- I absolutely love Samsung's implementation of multi-tasking which allows you to run two compatible apps side by side in windowed form . This is one feature , which once you get used to, you will be using very often
- Expandable storage
- Its upgraded to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS
THE NOT SO GOOD
- Weak single speaker
- the 5MP rear and 2MP front camera's are not that great, though they are sufficient for video chatting
- Average battery life of 1.5 days and very slow charging speeds at 1A
- For these reasons I take away one star
Overall I really like the Tab A 8.0 (over our Tab A 9.7) and can highly recommend it to you as you get a great form factor , decent screen resolution and performance with bright vivid colors and expandable storage all for under a $150 price tag. In fact i still choose this tablet over heavily discounted Ipad Mini during Black Friday 2016 as I felt it fulfilled my requirements sufficiently and gave more bang for my buck
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Perfect for 3 year olds and supports Kids Mode
By Kayla Ellis
I bought 2 of these for my kids for Christmas. I installed Kids Mode on them. Went through all the settings so they could ONLY do what I wanted them to be able to do. I have never had a problem with it lagging or the kids getting to anywhere they are not supposed to. I LOVE IT! They watch You Tube Kids on a regular basis and it has never had a problem playing the videos.
16 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
or using social media apps like Musically. The camera is decent and the battery ...
By Sarah Pe.
I got this for my 10 year old for her birthday. She loves it . Has no problem playing games, watching Netflix, or using social media apps like Musically. The camera is decent and the battery life is good, she uses it heavily on some days without having to charge it the entire day.