ViewSonic PJD5155 3300 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
( stars, based on 753 reviews)
The ViewSonic Light Stream PJD5155 price-performance projector features 3300 lumens, native SVGA 800 x 600 resolution, and intuitive, user-friendly design. Exclusive Super Color technology offers a wider color range for true-to-life image projection, while sound enhancement technology delivers improved sound quality. The PJD5155 also features extensive connectivity including HDMI, 2 x VGA, Composite Video, S-Video, 1 x VGA output and Audio in/out. An energy-saving Dynamic Eco feature reduces power consumption by up to 70%, and extends the lamp life by up to 10,000 hours. With advanced audiovisual features, flexible connectivity options, and an affordable price, the PJD5155 is ideal for use in education and small business environments.
- Color: Black
- Brand: ViewSonic
- Model: PJD5155
- Platform: Not Machine Specific
- Format: CD-ROM
- Dimensions: 4.08" h x 12.44" w x 8.98" l, 4.85 pounds
- SVGA (800x600) 3300 Lumens Projector with a 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, Vertical Digital Keystoning, and a Screen Size of 83-Inches from 12-Feet; 207-Inches from 30-Feet
- With advanced color technology and outstanding sharpness, this feature-rich projector provides a vast selection of inputs while offering industry-leading durability and dust-resistance
- Exclusive audiovisual features, and flexible connectivity options makes the PJD5155 is ideal for use in home, education and small business environments
- Convenient design with up to 10,000 lamp hours (Eco Mode), built-in speakers, port cover, easy-access lamp hood, optical focus and zoom, and a muted black finish
- 1.86~2.04:1 throw ratio; 3.3-32.8 ft. throw distance; 3.5MM Audio in/out, HDMI 1.4, VGA composite RCA, S-Video, and Mini-USB inputs; Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 8.98 x 4.08 Inches
- 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, 1-year limited warranty on lamp, 1st year free Express Exchange service with product registration; Box includes: PJD5155 projector, power cable, VGA cable, remote control with batteries, Quick Start Guide, and ViewSonic Wizard CD
- Compatible with Mac, and Windows, can be connected with DVD players, Blu-ray plyers, Amazon FireTV, AppleTV, Google Chromecast and more
Most helpful customer reviews
425 of 440 people found the following review helpful.
We love it!!
By carly heynes
We haven't had our first outdoor movie on it yet but I did try it out on the side of my pole barn...the picture was great and it was huge !! This was a great buy....my kids are very excited and are ready to start our summer movie nights!
210 of 220 people found the following review helpful.
In trying to find a good projector for ~$400 for our office
In trying to find a good projector for ~$400 for our office, we did a lot of research. In the end, we couldn't decide between this and the ViewSonic PJD5533W - $430 at writing - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00511ITEM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00511ITEM&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=6CFHOT62HY2C5LOJ , so we purchased both. If you'll notice, the 5533 is an earlier version of this model, which is certainly a statement about the quality / value of ViewSonic projectors that they were both of our top 2 projectors.
After trying them both extensively, we came to the conclusion that they are nearly identical - and that the older model is a better value. Even if the marketing claims this has better image quality (which it doesn't seem to? they both claim the same contrast ratio), we couldn't tell a difference with our eyes. The newer version is a bit brighter (3,200 lumens vs 2,800 lumens) but we found both worked equally well, even for a well-lit office.
If you're looking for a fantastic projector for $430, we highly recommend the 5533. If you're really concerned about brightness (or plan on projecting it on a very large screen, 100" or more) this projector is also a good choice.
Ok, fine, this projector also looks slightly "sexier" than the 5533, so if you're trying to impress business clients, that's worth taking into account. On the other hand, this one is slightly larger and heavier, so if you're traveling a lot, or dealing with tight spaces, that's also worth considering.
I hope you found this helpful, and feel free to ask questions in the comments!
If you're on a tight budget and saving an extra $70 would make a big difference, you might also consider the Optoma X312. It has a slightly lower resolution, but we found the image quality and brightness to be comparable - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T98WI40/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00T98WI40&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=63IHMRM2G5RQRDT2
You might also want to consider getting a projector screen to maximize the image quality and brightness - I've had a wonderful experience with this FAVI 100 inch screen - plus, it's automated with a remote for maximum WOW factor! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017S37IG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0017S37IG&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20
242 of 260 people found the following review helpful.
SO glad I chose this one!
By Liberty A. Frederick
This projector is amazing!!
Honestly, I was overwhelmed with all of the choices out there and finally landed on Amazon's "most purchased" - which is the older model of this projector. I decided on this one because the price difference wasn't that drastic and I liked the idea of the energy/bulb conservation feature.
The image is crisp, and indoors, the sound is LOUD. For outdoor use (for which we purchased it) we definitely needed to hook up some speakers, but that's to be expected. I am not an expert in projectors - this is our first one - but I would highly recommend this to anyone who just wants something relatively inexpensive for setting up a backyard theater or for watching movies on a "big screen". (Heck, we've used it fairly close to the wall and watched it at "normal TV" size!)
We've only watched a dozen or so shows/movies so far, but I love how easily it connects to our Apple TV (and thus: iPhones/iPads), DVD player, and laptop. I absolutely love how easy it was to setup and how light and convenient it is to move when we need to. Definitely a win.