ViewSonic PJD5155 3300 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
( stars, based on 903 reviews)
The ViewSonic Light Stream PJD5155 price-performance projector features 3300 lumens, native SVGA 800 x 600 resolution, and intuitive, user-friendly design. Exclusive Super Color technology offers a wider color range for true-to-life image projection, while sound enhancement technology delivers improved sound quality. The PJD5155 also features extensive connectivity including HDMI, 2 x VGA, Composite Video, S-Video, 1 x VGA output and Audio in/out. An energy-saving Dynamic Eco feature reduces power consumption by up to 70%, and extends the lamp life by up to 10,000 hours. With advanced audiovisual features, flexible connectivity options, and an affordable price, the PJD5155 is ideal for use in education and small business environments.
- Color: Black
- Brand: ViewSonic
- Model: PJD5155
- Platform: Not Machine Specific
- Dimensions: 4.08" h x 12.44" w x 8.98" l, 4.60 pounds
- SVGA (800x600) 3300 Lumens Projector with a 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, Vertical Digital Keystoning, and a Screen Size of 83-Inches from 12-Feet; 207-Inches from 30-Feet
- With advanced color technology and outstanding sharpness, this feature-rich projector provides a vast selection of inputs while offering industry-leading durability and dust-resistance
- Exclusive audiovisual features, and flexible connectivity options makes the PJD5155 is ideal for use in home, education and small business environments
- Convenient design with up to 10,000 lamp hours (Eco Mode), built-in speakers, port cover, easy-access lamp hood, optical focus and zoom, and a muted black finish
- 1.86~2.04:1 throw ratio; 3.3-32.8 ft. throw distance; 3.5MM Audio in/out, HDMI 1.4, VGA composite RCA, S-Video, and Mini-USB inputs; Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 8.98 x 4.08 Inches
- 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, 1-year limited warranty on lamp, 1st year free Express Exchange service with product registration; Box includes: PJD5155 projector, power cable, VGA cable, remote control with batteries, Quick Start Guide, and ViewSonic Wizard CD
- Compatible with Mac, and Windows, can be connected with DVD players, Blu-ray plyers, Amazon FireTV, AppleTV, Google Chromecast and more
Most helpful customer reviews
487 of 508 people found the following review helpful.
We love it!!
By carly heynes
We haven't had our first outdoor movie on it yet but I did try it out on the side of my pole barn...the picture was great and it was huge !! This was a great buy....my kids are very excited and are ready to start our summer movie nights!
253 of 264 people found the following review helpful.
In trying to find a good projector for ~$400 for our office
In trying to find a good projector for ~$400 for our office, we did a lot of research. In the end, we couldn't decide between this and the ViewSonic PJD5533W - $430 at writing - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00511ITEM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00511ITEM&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=6CFHOT62HY2C5LOJ , so we purchased both. If you'll notice, the 5533 is an earlier version of this model, which is certainly a statement about the quality / value of ViewSonic projectors that they were both of our top 2 projectors.
After trying them both extensively, we came to the conclusion that they are nearly identical - and that the older model is a better value. Even if the marketing claims this has better image quality (which it doesn't seem to? they both claim the same contrast ratio), we couldn't tell a difference with our eyes. The newer version is a bit brighter (3,200 lumens vs 2,800 lumens) but we found both worked equally well, even for a well-lit office.
If you're looking for a fantastic projector for $430, we highly recommend the 5533. If you're really concerned about brightness (or plan on projecting it on a very large screen, 100" or more) this projector is also a good choice.
Ok, fine, this projector also looks slightly "sexier" than the 5533, so if you're trying to impress business clients, that's worth taking into account. On the other hand, this one is slightly larger and heavier, so if you're traveling a lot, or dealing with tight spaces, that's also worth considering.
I hope you found this helpful, and feel free to ask questions in the comments!
If you're on a tight budget and saving an extra $70 would make a big difference, you might also consider the Optoma X312. It has a slightly lower resolution, but we found the image quality and brightness to be comparable - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T98WI40/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00T98WI40&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=63IHMRM2G5RQRDT2
You might also want to consider getting a projector screen to maximize the image quality and brightness - I've had a wonderful experience with this FAVI 100 inch screen - plus, it's automated with a remote for maximum WOW factor! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017S37IG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0017S37IG&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20
64 of 65 people found the following review helpful.
Its spectacular should of bought this months ago
Ok im sure many other reviews have all the specs you can read them from those im here to tell u it works as indicated. My pictures below are from an iphone 6s and in the dark it magnifies white light so the pictures do not reflect accurately with white light from the actual picture quality. The pictures come out in HD i have it just on a white painted wall so i can see a few spots where there were nail holes but its still amazing. The aquarium looks as if i have a giant one in my wall. The pictures u see here look much worse then the actual quality you will get but hopefully u get some understanding. The last 6 photos are with all my lights on. You can see the picture brightness is amazing. I know ppl need pictures to buy wish i could add more than 20. Everyone should have one of these. My projector is about 14 feet away from the wall. You can see my 3 22in. monitors below in some of the pictures. id say the screen is about 60-70inches. For 300 bucks this is far cheaper then an hd smart tv at this size. The projector sits on a camera tripod. The projector is much lighter than expected. Cant hear the fan at all. I have it right next to my bed and it has no noise, granted i have a 3.1 surround system around my bed that will envelope my hears with crsip sound of whatever i watch. Hope you all enjoy this as much as i do.