Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real Time Personal and Vehicle GPS Tracker
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by Spy Tec
( stars, based on 1723 reviews)
Do not be left guessing where your loved ones and valuable assets are when you are away. Know for sure with the STI GL300 real time GPS tracker from SpyTec. Whether you want to track a suspicious spouse, a teenagers vehicle, an elderly parent, or valuable equipment at your company, this tracker is the perfect choice. At only 8 ounces and 3 inches in length, the device is small enough to fit almost anywhere. An available waterproof magnetic case lets you easily attach the GL300 to any vehicle or asset, and an available belt holster lets you easily track a person. Cutting edge GPS satellite technology ensures a tight fix on the trackers location for top-class accuracy. The 3 axis accelerometer improves accuracy with motion detection. With available location updates every 5 seconds, you would not miss a thing. Access customizable tracking reports and Google Maps from any device (PC, Mac, laptop, tablet or smartphone). Get text or email alerts when the person or item you are tracking leaves a geographic area (geofencing). Device stores data for up to a year and has a battery life of two weeks (longer when used periodically). No activation or cancellation fees. Subscriptions start at only USD 25/month.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #135 in Consumer Electronics
- Size: Standard
- Color: Black
- Brand: Spy Tec
- Model: STI_GL300
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 2.70" h x 1.50" w x .90" l, .50 pounds
- Display size: 0
- Perfect for tracking vehicles, teens, spouses, elderly persons or assets
- Compact size goes anywhere | Attaches to vehicle or belt | Insert in backpack
- Track and map (with Google Maps) in real-time over the Internet
- $25 a month | No activation or cancellation fees | No contracts
- Get text or email when a person leaves an area (geo fencing)
Most helpful customer reviews
394 of 420 people found the following review helpful.
This thing worked like a charm
By David J. Dill
This thing worked like a charm. CAUTION: Make sure you really want to know what you're hoping to find out. This thing trailed my wife and her boyfriend into the middle of nowhere.
237 of 255 people found the following review helpful.
Next to impossible to cancel service.
By DAN STEPHENS
The tracker worked ok. The real problem is with canceling the service. There is NOTHING on the website about discontinuing the service. They make it nearly impossible to do this so the monthly fee keeps rolling in.
885 of 957 people found the following review helpful.
Decent unit, not perfect, purchased for tracking autistic child
So, there are quite a few glowing reviews on this product. To be fair, it's pretty decent, but there are a few quirks.
- The website used for all tracking and reporting IS NOT HTTPS (secured using TLS / SSL); your logon and password are sent unencrypted for the tracking portal. I would expect that at least the logon part of the session to use HTTPS.
- Your entire browsing session for the SpyTec Portal IS NOT HTTPS; anyone able to sniff your network traffic knows exactly what you are browsing while on the Portal
- The GPS seems to be off by up to about 30-40 feet on our unit; may lead to improper street address resolution. We've found this to be the case if the unit is indoors, or outdoors, but especially if it's inside a building somehow.
- The web portal seems to be geared to tracking "drivers," as if this product is only to be used for tracking vehicles. Not a big deal, but it is small enough to be able to be used for just about any useful GPS purpose. Not exactly a con, but it does make using the web portal slightly strange.
- The SpyTec web portal is well thought out in general
- The web portal can be accessed from any modern browser, not limiting you to a specific Android or iOS application, for example
- The service does allow you to define areas to be notified when the GPS leaves / returns to certain area
- It appears to be much more effective than bracelet GPS devices sold for children, especially in that it works to some extent inside buildings
- Mapping / Reporting is based on Google Maps, and that's pretty nice
We purchased this unit to track our 3 year old child that suffers from an Autistic Spectrum Disorder. He's doing well, but he can't communicate well verbally. Recently, he ran away in a large mall, and it was nearly impossible to find him, let alone track him. After doing a fair bit of research it was clear that many of the devices on the market do not work well inside buildings, etc. We purchased this unit to enable us to be able to find him in a mall.
Our success is mixed, but it DOES generate enough information to allow law enforcement to know where to look. Moreover, you can give them the logon and let them search with as close to real time data as you can get.
On an adult sized individual, the device would be fairly small. On a small child, the belt clip would be a decent size, and would likely be noticed. However, if put inside a jacket or coat, the device is easy to hide and harder to find. (The down side would be if the coat was taken off...)
I do want to be VERY clear about the lack of security on the Spy Tec website portal. There is none.
It's extremely odd that in this day and age they would not have a secure website. The fact that the logon (at minimum) is not HTTPS (specifically TLS if you know what that is) means that your user ID and password are easily picked up.
DO NOT USE A STANDARD USER ID OR PASSWORD WITH THE SPY TEC WEB PORTAL.