Apple ME277LL/A 8-inch iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display (1.30GHz Dual-core Processor, 32GB GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM, Wi-Fi, iOS 7 Operating System) Space Gray
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by Etekdirect (No Tax)
( stars, based on 614 reviews)
The 7.9" Retina Display makes its debut on the iPad mini, maintaining its enormous 2048 x 1536 native resolution. At 326 pixels per inch, the Retina Display can show up to 3.1 million pixels at a time. The Retina Display is also a capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures of iOS 7. Its smaller form factor makes it easier to hold in one hand. The iPad mini comes in a silver finish.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #251 in Personal Computers
- Size: 32 GB
- Color: Gray
- Brand: Apple
- Model: ME277LL/A
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .29" h x 5.30" w x 7.87" l, .73 pounds
- CPU: Apple A7 1.3 GHz
- Memory: 1GB SIMM
- Hard Disk: 32GB
- Processors: 1
- Native resolution: 2048 x 1536
- Display size: 7.9
- Included Software: iOS 10
- Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Built-in Webcam: Yes
- Operating System: iOS 7
- Drive Capacity: 32GB
- Processor: Apple A7 ARM Processor
Most helpful customer reviews
370 of 387 people found the following review helpful.
Get this, not air!
This is the Ipad to own, invest the extra $$$ you would have spent on the IPad Air into more memory, I bought the 32 gig, seems to be the sweet spot without breaking the bank, I find the screen size to be perfect, not cumbersome like its bigger brother, everything looks crisp and beautiful on the Retina display, performance is blazingly fast, I've owned the 9.7 inch IPads in the past and found myself less inclined to use it on a regular basis due to its size, with the mini you will want to use it more often, so to sum it up, same specs, retina display, lighter more portable design, more affordable = mini 2>air!
118 of 128 people found the following review helpful.
Everything you'd expect out of a Quality Product
The Apple iPad Mini is popular enough now that everyone knows why it's so great. It's a lightweight, diverse utility. I'll just highlight some of the new improvements and what I love about the iPad Mini with Retina over the previous gen iPad Mini.
+ Free iWork suite with new iDevices! Free Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Just download them in the App Store.
+ Gorgeous retina screen aids in reading text. I'm a medical student and I read a lot of books and articles on my iPad mini. My eyes don't have to strain as much because the text is rich and crisp.
++ Fits in a lab coat/ white coat! Big bonus for other students in the medical profession
+ Incredibly thin and lightweight with a beautiful design. Nothing else on the market really compares to the aesthetics of Apple products, in my opinion.
+ Apple's App Store- no other online market comes close to the App Store. The selection in variety and premium content is bar none
+ iCloud - Building an Apple environment works flawless with the iPad Mini. My iCal syncs nicely, my contacts are added, iMessages auto-updates. All of my daily routine stuff is imported directly onto my iPad using iCloud services.
+ AppleCare for $99 extends your warranty to 2years and covers accidental damage
- Like all beautiful Apple products, the casing is delicate and prone for chips and scratches. Buying a case is a must. This argument could go on for hours on buying a case to protect your investment versus "needing" to shell out more money for a $400+ product that can't handle normal wear. In my opinion, buying a case is more for resale value, as well as to preserve the beautiful aesthetic. If the latter is not as important to you and you don't intend on selling it at any point in the future- going without a case is acceptable too. (You'll just make a lot of people nervous)
- SquareTrade offers a 3year warranty for around $129 that covers accidental damage as well. They have a sterling reputation of BBB website and are well-known for their great customer service. It's a better deal than AppleCare, in my opinion. With that said, the beauty of AppleCare is that you can waltz into a store and have them fix it for you without dealing with a third party to either ship-n-fix (two day turnaround) or file for reimbursement from Squaretrade.
- No education discount for students or teachers
Additional note: Keep a lookout for promotions through Apple. In the summer they usually offer a "back 2 school" special that includes a $50 iTunes gift card with a new purchase. Also, Clearance on the Apple website usually has good deals on older models. iPad Mini Retina is a current gen and will eventually have clearance/refurbished stock as well at discounted prices. These items come with a standard 1-yr Apple warranty and you still have the option for AppleCare for 2yrs. These can only be purchased online and either shipped to your home or store. If you're patient enough with shipping and finding the product you want on clearance/refurb, then it's a great way to save money on a purchase.
24 of 26 people found the following review helpful.
Super Happy IPad Mini Newbie
For me, buying a tablet is a big deal. A did a lot of research before deciding on this model (mini 2).
So the big question is am I happy with my purchase? It's only been a few days, but so far I am thrilled. After more that a year of using my Android phone for web activity the Ipad is a dream come true. The size, clarity and speed are the highpoints for me (so far).
I did spring for the 32 gb and I think that was the right decision. What I'm discovering now is all of the amazing apps that exisit that were never an option with my phone. Who knew?!?
The only not great choice I made was the case/keyboard that I bought. The product is great, but I think I overestimated my need for a keyboard. The case I have is heavy, and it's hard to use the camera - which I use a lot. I think I'm going to get the one I saw with the removable keyboard. Then I won't have to hold the extra weight. Other than that, I am a happy camper!
Is it wrong that I haven't talked to my family since it arrived? No, I don't think so either!